January 31, 2007

Hairy Mary

My youngest sister, Liz, got married in November. The wedding was beautiful, and the reception was lovely, but Mary's favorite part was getting a new dress.

Mary's hair is naturally curly. I'm not sure if it will always be so, but it's rather pretty on a 5-year-old.


It is getting quite long, and we are determined to cut it and donate it to "Locks of Love" when it reaches the required length.


In the meantime, I have to "do" Mary's hair for school each day, which means she chooses from the following.... 1 braid, 2 braids, 1 ponytail, 2 ponytails, 1 bun, 2 buns.... you get the idea. Her hair MUST be contained, or we are talking major mess. After all, the girl has P.E. AND recess.

(It looks something like when she wakes up in the morning.)

But on Sunday.... she gets to wear her hair all down, showing off her long, lovely curls. One morning I was particularly distracted and hadn't done Mary's hair yet. She approached me with great concern and said, "Mom, you need to do my hair. I can't wear my hair down to school. I only wear my hair down for church..... or a wedding."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.