October 05, 2008

Welcome Home Marcus!

It's been a busy few days, so I'm getting behind.

On Thursday, my youngest sibling, Marcus, returned from Germany after serving for 2 years as a missionary for the LDS Church. It was a wonderful reunion. (Since I forgot to bring my camera, I stole these images from my sister-in-law's blog.) We formed a rather large crowd at the airport, and I'm afraid we kind of overwhelmed him. There is nothing like a mother hugging her baby! (Even when he turned into a man since you last saw him.) I don't know if Marcus really is taller or just seems like it, but he is definitely more confident and mature. I can't believe that he was just learning to walk when I left for college!Marcus is such a great guy. He was a faithful missionary, and we are so proud of him and grateful to have him home.

P.S. I didn't get to see Christian or Stephanie that day... Christian had a full day of therapy, and Stephanie was in surgery.... looks very hopeful though.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, "Baby" Marcus! I remember that you had a baby brother when we were at BYU, and it seemed wild to me then, and still does! ;)

    One of my all-time fav pics is of my mom and one of my bros at the airport when he came home. Her face is flushed, tears are in her eyes, and she is GRINNING. My brother looks skinny, overwhelmed, but happy. That was back in the day when you could go right to the gate...we had signs that said, "Welcome Home, Elder Eric!" and all kinds of other stuff and we overheard this 10 yr old boy walk past and say, "Who the heck is Elder Eric and what did he DO?!" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.