January 02, 2011

Christmas 2010 & New Year's 2011

I love Christmas and everything that goes with it.  I'm always excited to decorate the tree.... but then I can't wait to take it down after New Year's.

My sister got me this gorgeous snow-globe tree ornament as a thank you for babysitting while she was in NYC.  I love it!


Christmas was great, of course.  I think everyone got what they wanted....
 ...including me!  I got a new lens for my camera (50mm f/1.8)... it's so fun!  Naturally, I spent the whole day taking photos of everyone and everything.
After opening our presents, we had our traditional breakfast at my parents' house (my dad always makes the best omelets!) and visited with my siblings and their families.  (We do a "formal" Christmas Eve dinner, and Christmas day is pajamas!)

The next day we went to the cabin and spent a few days.  There was a house full, but it was a blast!  The kids are always in heaven when there are lots of cousins around.

We went to a party on New Year's Eve, but ended up leaving early and heading to my sister's house to officially ring in the new year at the "kids' party."  It was FREEZING but we all went outside to let off fireworks (which are legal here now).  It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.