November 22, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like....


Early this morning, Jack and I were taking a moment to cuddle before we started our day. Jay had left for work, and Collin and Mary were still sleeping, so it was quiet... perfect for a little toddler talk. I said, "Jack, Santa Claus is coming soon." His eyes got big, and he said, "Christmas?" "Oh yes, and he will bring you presents." Silence. I tried to imagine a 2-year-old's vision of Christmas. Then Jack let out a loud, "Ho, ho, ho!" I laughed and asked, "Is that what Santa Claus says?" "Yep," came the reply. Then, in my best Santa voice, I called, "Merry Christmas!" Jack giggled, and repeated the phrase... or so I thought until he followed up with "Jacky Christmas!" Nope, he doesn't get it.

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.