April 25, 2011

April

Yikes. I have been very absent from my blog this month.  Hmm.... let's see what's been going on...

I was in charge of our ward (church congregation) Talent Show. It was a ton of work, but it turned out great. Everything ran very smoothly because I did a lot of advance planning and had lots of good helpers. We had a wide variety of talents, such as vocal, violin, piano, guitar, clarinet, trumpet, cello, dance/tumbling, comedy, ballroom dance, etc. It was a lot of fun, and even though it was a lot of work I hope it becomes a tradition! Mary sang a solo... she was so nervous beforehand but she was very well prepared so that when she actually got up to perform she said she wasn't nervous at all, and she did a great job.

Collin was assigned to give a talk in Primary (the program for children at church)... his last since he turns 12 soon and will "graduate."  I decided he was old enough to do it on his own, but I told him I would help him if he needed it.  I told him the assigned topic and sent him off the work on it.  Later I asked if he had worked on it, thinking he hadn't.  He said, "Yes, I'm done."  I didn't believe him so I said, "Let's hear it."  He had typed it up and printed it out.  He read it to me and I was shocked.  It was perfect.  I was very proud of him.

The rest of the month kept us busy with a science project for school, "Back-to-the 80's" Family Fun Night at the school (you should have seen me with my big hair and blue eye shadow!), babysitting my sister's darling baby while she was out of town (including a trip to the zoo), attending several baptisms, as well as the usual homework, piano lessons/practicing, chores, etc.  AND my kids enjoyed playing with their cousins visiting from Utah!

Last week I had a little vacation.  My mom and my oldest sister drove to San Diego to spend a few days with my youngest sister.  It was delightful!  We spent several days just talking, eating yummy food, talking, shopping, talking, watching chick-flicks, talking, and laughing.  The only thing that would have made it more fun is if ALL my sisters and sisters-in-law had been there too.  Maybe next time....  Thanks for being such a great hostess Liz!  Thank you San Diego for having perfect weather for us!  And thank you Jay for holding down the fort while I was gone!  I forgot to bring a camera so I have no photos, but when Liz or my mom send me some I will post more about the trip.

Yesterday, on Easter morning Jay and the kids and I took roses to the cemetery to put on my sister Charity's grave.  We sang songs about Christ and talked about how we are so grateful that because of Jesus Christ we will see her again.  I miss her.  We had a lovely Easter program at church, and had dinner with my parents and siblings and their families.  I am so grateful for my wonderful family.

Today is Charity's birthday, so I went to the cemetery again with my parents and two of my sisters.  We talked about special experiences, cried and hugged.  Again I wished that all of my siblings could have been there.  (Why do you have to live far away?) 

Even though I have been neglecting this blog lately (not on purpose), I have been posting to my other blog this month.  I guess I should give them equal time.  As pathetic as I am of late, I even got a mention from fabulous I Heart Mesa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.