December 12, 2008

"EYE M BOARD!"

Collin and Mary like to spell things when they are emphasizing a point. Jack likes to do the same... even though he doesn't know how to spell. For example:

Jack: (yelling) I AM BORED!

Mom: Well....

Jack: C-E-K !

Mom: (laughing) What?

Jack: (still yelling) WHAT DOES C-E-K MEAN?

Mom: (still laughing)

Jack: C-E-K MEANS I'M BORED!

Mom: (I can't do anything but laugh)

Jack: (in a normal voice) A-O-A-A-K means I am bored, OK?

Mom: (trying not to laugh) OK.

Jack: That means I want to play with some of my friends. OK? OK? OK?

Mom: OK!

7 comments:

  1. I love that! Sounds like something my kiddos would say also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Jack lived closer to us, as Josh tells me he's bored too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:34 PM

    That is pretty funny. My little brother used to think that if Y E S spelled "yes" (as I told him daily) then N E S must spell "no." Poor little guys. It's hard being the youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny! My 4 yr old says "N.O. THAT MEANS NO!" My kids have been bored this week a lot because I got sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:36 AM

    How cute!

    Extra hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny. Hey, at least he's spelling....or at least trying. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:30 AM

    one of my kids said, 'i'm bored.' i said, 'good. just sit there and think.'
    rose

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.