February 28, 2010

Finishing off February

Thursday night was the Cub Scout Blue & Gold banquet. Each boy was supposed to bring a cake he decorated with his dad. I thought Collin's turned out really cute. I helped by finding the idea on the internet, buying all the stuff, and making the frosting.

Friday night Mary and I went to see "Mary Poppins" (Broadway Across America).... it was so much fun, and the first time Mary had seen a production that big. A very fun show! Mary was absolutely delighted to see the other Mary actually fly across the theatre at the end. Very cool.
Saturday was Jack's last basketball game. He had been talking about it being the last game, and "the day I'm going to get my trophy, Mom." So, I was a little worried when I saw that they were giving out medals instead this year. (Because it's an Olympic year?) Thankfully, Jack was still thrilled.... even more so about the giant doughnut he received as the post-game snack.
Six-year-olds are pretty easy to please.

2 comments:

  1. WE loved Mary Poppins - I was supposed to take both my girls, but my 6 year old got sick. Rachel got to bring a very lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those red heels I see? Alice, very cute/sassy! I love the combo! We haven't made it to Mary Poppins yet. I hear it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.