May 11, 2010

An Official Announcement

On Saturday, my older sister completed her first triathlon. I am so stinkin' proud of her! She is not an "athlete," plus she has 6 children, and is.... well.... not a spring chicken (2 of those children are adults). She started working out with Dixie last summer and was my inspiration for starting as well.

Well, she has inspired me again. I'm terrified about this, but here is my official announcement: I'm going to do it too!

Yikes! Thank goodness I have a year to get ready.... I'm going to need it!

But first, I'm going to do a couple of other races:

- Turkey Trot (10K) in November
- Ragnar Relay (202 mi.) in February 2011 (this is pretty terrifying too)
- SheROX Triathlon (May 2011)

I must be crazy!

Help me Dixie!!!!!


-

5 comments:

  1. You're right, you must be crazy! Good for you. Rebecca Wright, Candy's sister just did a triathlon. Best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I've been doing Tris the last couple of years. Great fun!!! Just did a Ragnar. Lack of sleep is worse than the running. See you at the Turkey Trot this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What??? I'm not a spring chicken? What are you saying here?! haha
    I'm glad you made an official announcement. Saying it out loud is a great commitment. No one will let you forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo!!
    It's so addicting isn't it?! I've done the Wasatch Back-Utah Ragnar for the past 3 years and it's definitely an experience. If you have anyone from your Del Sol team that needs a replacement. Keep me in mind. I'd love to do it with you!
    In the meantime, have fun!! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! I am so impressed. all of those would be scary for me too! way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.