January 30, 2013

Music Class: It's Time to Move On

I used to teach pre-school music classes in my home. I really loved it, and I miss it. I have kept all the stuff thinking that one day I would start again. My kids are older now though, and I'm involved in other things that keep me busy. So, I'm finally thinking it's time to sell it and move on. If anyone is interested, let me know. It's a great way for a mom with little kids to make some money from home!

You do NOT have to be trained in music... it's mostly music appreciation, moving to music, using imagination and listening skills to "musically play" with puppets, parachutes, balls, and bubbles, and learn about creating music using a variety of musical instruments and sounds; singing, dancing, play acting, musical story telling, learn rhythm, rhyme, etc. It's very flexible so you can modify it to your strengths and interests. It's ideal for children ages 2.5 - 6. I usually kept class size at 8, but you could go up to 10 (there is enough stuff for that many).

If you know where I live you know that you don't even need a lot of space to do this.... I live in a 1400 sq. ft house and just held classes in my great room, pushing the furniture aside. I store the materials in the corners of my 2-car garage (and we park both our cars in there too).

Here is what I have for sale:
- Full music curriculum (lesson outlines, several semesters' worth, very flexible)
- Recorded Music (on disks, hundreds of songs)
- TONS of materials to go with each lesson! (e.g. musical instruments, puppets, rhythm instruments, electronic keyboards, items that coordinate with the theme for each lesson, etc... it's very hands on)
- Organized storage containers for all materials
- Website (simple design... I will update all the info to fit you)
- My help to get you started :)

If you think you might be interested contact me and come take a look at what I have, and I can explain it further if you aren't sure what it's all about.

I have no idea how much to ask for everything. The materials themselves are probably worth at least $3000, but I would never ask that much! I'm thinking about $1000-1500 OBO. And I'm definitely willing to let you pay me in installments (no interest). :)

Come take a look and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.