August 30, 2008

7th Birthday Party

The Saturday after school started (yes, we've been busy) we had Mary's birthday party. She chose to have a "Chef Party." First, all the guests decorated their own apron and we made paper toques.
Then they each made their own pizzas. I didn't realize doing the dough would be so hard for kids this age. It was a little crazy because they all needed help, but they enjoyed it. After eating their pizza, they decorated jumbo-sized chocolate cupcakes (notice they had ditched their hats by this time). All the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves, and Mary said it was her best birthday party ever. I'm glad. It was kind of a lot of work, but it was worth it. Very fun!

4 comments:

  1. What a darling idea. You are so creative! I love birthday parties at home, they are the best! You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome party- I am going to have to use that idea for my daughter's 7th!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me SO much of pizza parties you would throw for all of us singles, back in the day! Those were good ol' days! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a party. So cute! (You and your family are still in our prayers).

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.