February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day


Even though I always tell Jay that he shouldn't let a commercial holiday that requires an annual expression of love to your spouse force him to buy me roses and chocolate, he does it anyway.  And who's complaining?

He gets me Godiva chocolates.  He selects all my favorites.  Heaven in a box. 

He also took me to dinner at Zinc Bistro.  Heaven on a plate!  It's too bad I didn't have my camera with me because the food was a gorgeous as it was delicious.  We shared an appetizer of crab and mushroom crepes with lobster sauce.  Oh my.  Our entrees were a crab and truffle omelette with straw potatoes, and scallops with risotto.  Both were amazing!  We were full, but we couldn't resist ordering the chocolate souffle, which was incredibly rich and decadent.  Too much so.  We didn't finish, of course.

Jay is very romantic and thoughtful.  And kind, and handy, and funny, and handsome, and a great dad.  And the very best husband in the world.  I'm one very lucky gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.