July 09, 2008

John Adams

Jay and I just finished watching parts 1 and 2 of the fantastic HBO mini-series "John Adams." I highly recommend it! It was extremely well-cast; the acting is excellent, especially Paul Giamatti. I admit I was initially surprised to see he had been cast in the title role, but I was impressed; he has proven himself to be quite a versatile actor. (And they did a fantastic job of making David Morse look startlingly like George Washington!)

I hadn't realized that the mini-series was based on the bestselling book (Jay's favorite) by David McCullough (Jay's favorite author), which I have been meaning to read. But now I'm going to for sure.

1 comment:

  1. They sound like great movies! i didn't know you had a blog! I do too! I think I am linked to my mom, if you want to check it out. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.