January 04, 2009

Christmas Eve

Well, the kids go back to school tomorrow. Christmas break went by too fast. Here is what we have been doing:

We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house with all of my family. Dinner was fantastic and delicious, thanks to my lovely and talented sister, Lizzy.

Afterward we had our usual program with performances from each family, and the kids doing a nativity play. Jack was a shepherd.
Mary was an angel.Collin was a wise man, but he wouldn't let me take a picture. So, here he is in half of his costume, while the kids are singing their song for the program. (BTW, that's me accompanying them on the piano, lest you think I always turn my back when my kids perform.)One of our other fun traditions is the telling of the story "The Other Wise Man" by Henry Van Dyke. If you haven't read it, you are missing out. You can read it here. (We do an abridged version for the kids.) I love Christmas Eve..... even more than Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.