May 31, 2007

"North" Pasta

When we had dinner at North last weekend during our Anniversary Get-Away, I fell in love with my meal. I tried to re-create it last night for our family, with quite a bit of success. Here is what I came up with.

14.5 oz. pasta* (I like Barrilla Plus)
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
9 oz. bag fresh spinach
2 oz. pine nuts (it could have used more)
butter (I used about 1/2 c. total)
garlic (I used 4 cloves total)
cream (about 1/3 cup)
1/2-1 c. freshly grated parmesan
cooked salmon** (roughly 3 filets)

Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute mushrooms in some butter with crushed garlic; remove and set aside. Add a little more butter to pan and saute pine nuts***; remove and set aside. Add more butter and garlic, and saute spinach. Drain pasta and return to pot; stir in mushrooms, pine nuts, spinach, with some cream and parmesan cheese, and small chunks of salmon. Serve with a salad on the side.

* The restaurant used Gemelli, which I couldn't find at Wal-Mart, so I used Rotini, which wasn't nearly as good.
** It was grilled shrimp at North, but I needed to use up the leftover salmon from the night before. I preferred the shrimp, but slices of grilled chicken would be good too. Or leave it out altogether.
***They would have been much better toasted in the oven, but I didn't have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.