That was Saturday.
Yesterday (Sunday, his actual birthday) I made him his favorite breakfast, Eggs Benedict. And for dinner, his favorite meal....
- Rib Eye steak, rubbed with butter and seasonings
- Red potatoes, boiled and buttered, with garlic salt and parlsey
- Salad of red leaf lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, croutons and Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette
I made him another cake, which we took to his parents' house to share with the rest of his family. I made this Strawberry Cake (adapted from Paula Deen)....
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz.) box strawberry instant jello
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
I layered the cake with this filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 large box banana cream pudding
2 c. milk
Beat cream cheese; add pudding and milk and beat until smooth and thick. Spread half of mixture on top of first layer of cake. Add second cake layer and top with remaining pudding mixture. Frost the whole thing with 8 oz. Cool Whip, and top with fresh strawberries.
It was yummy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY!
Want to see what I gave him? Go here and here. He loves them both. I think I did pretty good this year.