February 24, 2009

Quesadillas

This is my favorite filling to use for quesadillas.

-1 can corn, drained
-1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
-shredded chicken (however much you like, or leave it out)
-salsa (enough to season it, but don't add too much or it will be too watery)

Combine in a bowl. Place a flour tortilla on a hot griddle (lightly buttered on one side, if desired). Sprinkle a small amount of grated cheese on half of tortilla, add a scoop of the filling and spread carefully, sprinkle on a little more cheese, and fold tortilla over itself. Cook about 2 minutes, or until browned; flip and repeat. Cut into wedges, and serve with sour cream and more salsa.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing and sometimes also add shredded zucchini in with the salsa. (Gets my kids to eat more veggies, and they can't tell the difference.)

    Also, I made BBQ chicken quesadillas in which I leave out the salsa and mix BBQ sauce in with the chicken (not too much). I add cilantro on top just before I fold it over. It's like BBQ chicken pizza if you like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.