March 27, 2012

EASY DINNER #7 - Super Easy Clam Chowder

This is one of my favorite "pantry recipes."  I always keep a good stock of these items in my pantry because my family loves this soup, and you can put it together in just a few minutes.  The "non-pantry" items are pretty much "optional," though they make it quite tasty.  :)   But this makes for a good "food storage" recipe.

SUPER EASY CLAM CHOWDER
(4-6 servings)

2 (15 oz.) cans diced potatoes (I get these at Wal-Mart), drained*
1 can corn, drained*
1 can cream of celery soup
1 (6.5 oz.) can minced or chopped clams, UNdrained**
2 T. butter (optional)
2 T. heavy cream (optional)
pepper, to taste

Combine ingredients in a medium pot and heat through over medium heat.  If desired, serve with toppings like crumbled bacon*** (yum!), croutons, or oyster crackers (bleh, but my husband likes them), or serve with crusty bread on the side, and salad or veggies. 

* If you want your soup thinner, don't drain the potatoes or corn.
** Sometimes I use 2 cans when I'm feeling generous.  :)
*** I buy the large bags of "Real Crumbled Bacon" from Sam's Club, separate it into small zipper bags and freeze it.  Then I pull one out to keep in my fridge for things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments that are appropriate and friendly.